Division of Engineering Services
The Division of Engineering Services (DES) provides professional architectural, engineering, project management, and acquisition services in support of the IHS New Health Care Facilities Construction Program.
The DES mission is to provide high quality professional project management, technical support, and related services for the planning, design, construction, and leasing of multi-million dollar culturally appropriate health care facilities that meet programmatic requirements, incorporate proven and effective design principles, are sustainable, and that contribute to the health and healing process of the American Indian and Alaska Native people they are intended to serve.
In addition to the administration and management of IHS New Health Care Facilities and Staff Quarters Construction projects, Tribes and Area Offices may enter into services agreements with DES to provide the following professional services:
- Professional Architectural and Engineering Services
- Design and Construction Project Management for New Construction, Renovation, Sustainability, and Modernization Projects
- Design and Construction Contracting Support
- Building Code Implementation and Interpretation
- Project Planning
- Design Reviews
- Construction Inspection
- Facility Condition Surveys
- Sustainable Design Consultation and Review (including LEED compliance) on New and Existing Facilities
- General Technical Consultation regarding Planning, Design, and Construction
- Leasing Support