Grants Policy: Training ToolsThe IHS Division of Grants Management, Office of Management Services, is a key functional area within IHS Headquarters and is responsible for providing quality grant-related training functions to all our stakeholders. The grants staff is dedicated to empowering our IHS grant community with the required knowledge and training required for continued compliance of IHS policies, Indian laws, and HHS legislative and regulatory requirements.
All training posted on the Training Tools page has been approved by the Chief Grants Management Officer, Grants Policy Staff. These materials are available for immediate use.
The GPS training tools will assist you in becoming much more efficient with the IHS grants management process and provide instructions for completing all aspects of the pre- and post- grant award functions, monitoring and reporting requirements. Proficient grants tools, from start-up straight to the closeout process.
- DGM Training Schedule, January 2013 [PDF - 63KB]
- DGM Training Schedule, February 2013 [PDF - 62KB]
- DGM Training Schedule, March 2013 [PDF - 65KB]
- DGM Training Schedule, April 2013 [PDF - 65KB]
- DGM Training Schedule, May 2013 [PDF - 58KB]
IHS Objective Reviews
- Carryover Training [PDF - 458KB]
- Financial Reporting [PDF - 617KB]
- No Cost Extensions [PDF - 253KB]
- OMB Cost Principles [PDF - 791KB]
- Prior Approval Requirements [PDF - 251KB]
- Program, Grants and Policy Work Together [PDF - 169KB]
- Progress Reports Requirements [PDF - 331KB]
- Grantee Guide to GrantSolutions [PDF - 2.16MB]
Other HHS Related Reference Training Sites
Division of Payment Management
Federal Financial Report (FFR) Training Materials
NARCH Program Grants-Related Information
- PHS 398 Instructions and Forms
This link takes you to the site hosting the PHS 398 Grant Application forms and instructions on how to properly fill them out.
- PHS 2590 Instructions and Forms
This link takes you to the site hosting the PHS 2590 Non-Competing Continuation Progress Report forms and instructions on how to properly fill them out.
- Developing Your Budget
Guide to developing your NARCH budget.
- SF-424 (R&R) Budget Forms
Forms and instructions for filling out the SF-424 (R&R) Budget Forms.