2012 Catalog: General Courses
To view other courses in this category, use the “Previous” and “Next” buttons.
To select this course and request approval, please login.
Need more help reading this page?
DE0187: EDR Training and Implementation in IHS
|Date: 11/05/2012 - 11/09/2012
||Course Status: Completed
|Facility: Sacramento Native American HC
||Location: Sacramento, CA
|Instructor: Susan Lukins
||Director: MARY BETH KINNEY
||Audience: Dentists, Assistants, Support Staff, Hygienists
|Quota: - students
Hours: 40.00 (Total CDE); 40.00 (DANB Non-Clinical); 40.00 (AGD - 561)
The IHS Division of Oral Health is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
Our trainees are provided a presentation, along with hands-on use, of the Clinical Applications and the Electronic Appointment Scheduler in the Dentrix Enterprise electronic dental record [EDR]. This course of instruction is presented on site for a full five days. An additional two days are spent together with the trainer during “Go Live” following the initial five days. At this time, the EDR is put to work with active patients in the dental clinic, with the trainer there to assist the Doctors and Staff Members as they use the software.
We will instruct the Dental Chief, Staff Dentists, and the entire Team, respective to position, on how to:
1. Setup the Clinic in Dentrix Enterprise [includes Password Security settings and assigned rights for a Login/Password for each Provider and Staff Member].
2. Enter existing treatment, treatment planned procedures, and completed treatment procedures in the Patient Chart.
3. Enter Perio Charting of pocket depths, recession, etc.
4. Complete and Approve Clinical Notes for each patient’s visit to the clinic.
5. Appoint and Re-Appoint patients for needed treatment.
6. Use scanning hardware and the Dentrix Enterprise Document Center to electronically store all paperwork.
7. Set-up and monitor a Recall system for ongoing patient care.
8. Use the DXOne reporting module for collection of statistical data for various Reporting needs.
9. If applicable, use Dentrix Image, digital x-ray software that is the Dentrix Enterprise solution for acquiring, manipulating, and storing digital images.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Effectively chart patient conditions, along with planned and completed treatment, in an electronic format.
2. Write, approve, and store Clinical Notes electronically.
3. Produce, manipulate, and store digital images [if applicable to the clinic].
4. Enter and archive Patient Appointments electronically.
5. Track and contact Patients for treatment planned, and for regular hygiene care needed.
6. Use Dentrix Enterprise to go completely chartless/paperless when desired.
7. Retrieve, schedule, manage, and maintain statistical data at will.
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral
Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity.
The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices.
No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted
independent of any commercial entity.
Concerns or complaints about this course may be directed to Mary Beth Kinney or to ADA CERP (http://www.ada.org/goto/cerp).
|Tuition Payment Information:
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at
least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course.
If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.