EHR Laboratory Package for Small Sites without a Laboratory Professional
This hands-on class provides a basic overview of the RPMS-LIS and preparation required for processing Laboratory Tests. Participants are provided with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to use the RPMS-LIS in its use and offer participants the tools necessary for processing and reporting Laboratory Tests.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of the Laboratory Information System (LIS) Suite in the big picture of Electronic Health Management.
- Delineate the role and responsibilities of the LIS Manager in a small Laboratory without an MT or MLT.
- Define the LIS workflow and its interactions with other RPMS modules.
- Summarize basic Laboratory terminology.
- Recognize the importance of CLIA, Joint Commission, and other regulations as they relate to Laboratory Policies and Procedures.
- Perform basic RPMS tasks.
- Describe the Anatomy of a Laboratory test.
- Order Laboratory Tests.
- Accession Laboratory Tests.
- Track Laboratory Tests.
- Result Laboratory Tests.
- Examine and use the Point of Care Button (POC).
- Describe the Reference LIS Interface.
- Generate Patient LIS Reports.
- Populate test taxonomies required for proper data collection in iCare, Diabetes Management System, and GPRA reporting.