HIPAA New Employee Training Instructions
- 1. enter site
- 2. fill out the training profile
- 3. confirm registration
- 4. begin training
- 5. take the 10 question quiz
- 6. training is verified
- 7. training certificate is emailed
- To enter site, type your last name in the space provided and click on the Search button..
- Click on the register now link.
- Click on the Search button to locate your name in the Global Address List. If
your name is not found, click on the Manual Registration link.
- You will then be asked to fill out the training profile.
- For an explanation of what information is required in the spaces for the training profile, click on the symbol after the space.
- If you are registering manually, type in your email address along with the other information requested.
To ensure that you are entering the correct email, click on the Make sure your email address works link.
If your email address is not automatically entered into the “TO” space of the email that pops up, type in your email address.
Then press the Send button in the upper left corner of the screen.
You should get a return email in 1 to 2 minutes. If you don’t receive an email, ask your supervisor how to locate your correct email address. You will not be able to edit your profile or verify your training if your email address is not entered here correctly.
If you wish to edit your profile after you have submitted it, you can click on the side menu link "Edit Profile".
Once you have completed the quiz (after the training tutorial), you will not be able to edit your name or your email address.
You will only be able to edit your profile if your email address is correct in your existing profile.
- After you have completed the form, click on the link to confirm your registration. An email will be sent to the email address you entered on the registration form. You will not be able to start training until you receive the email and click on the link in it.
- When you click on the link in the email, the log in page is displayed. Enter your last name.
- Click on your name from the list of profiles.
- A page with a link to begin training displays. To begin the training, click on the Begin Training link. On the next page, click on the Overview link.
- If you need to close out of the training for some reason, you can return (within one week) to the page you last reviewed by opening the training web site again and entering your last name in the space provided. Complete and verify your training within 7 days; otherwise you may have to reregister to take the training.
Click on the Search button.
When you get to the registry list, click on your name.
When you get the instructions to reenter the training, click on the link page where you left off from your previous session. This will take you to the page you last reviewed.
- training view tips
Pages must be viewed in order. You may go back to any page you have already viewed.
Use the left side menu link New Employee Training Menu to see the first page of a section you have already entered.
Click on the Return to lastest page visited in training sequence link to display the last training page you viewed.
Some of the training pages have speakers for the materials to be presented. To hear the speaker, click on the PLAY button
Some of the training pages have caption boxes. To hear and see the speakers, click on the PLAY button in the caption box.
- After you complete the training, take the 10 question quiz. You have to complete the quiz in 60 minutes.
- In taking the quiz, click on the answer you feel is correct. If you want to change your answer, click on the new answer BEFORE you click on the Submit Question button.
- To get to the next question, click on the Submit Question button.
If you have selected the wrong answer, you will be told so and you can review the materials that refer to it by clicking on the Explanation link.
- If you clicked the Explanation link, you can get back to the quiz by clicking on the browser’s BACK button (in the upper left corner of the screen) until you are where you left off in the quiz.
If you clicked on the Explanation link, you have two other choices aside from returning to the quiz using the Back button.
Choice a.) Clicking on the Return to lastest page visited in training sequence link will display the last training page you viewed.
Choice b.) Clicking on the QUIZ link either from the New Employee Training Menu or the QUIZ link on the left side menu will display a page with another QUIZ link.
When you click on that link, you will see a link to Continue with the next question.
Click on that link to return to the next question in the quiz.
- After successful completion of the quiz, your training will automatically be verified and an email will be sent to you with your certificate attached. Print the certificate for your records.
- To edit your profile or to get a certificate at a later date, go to the HIPAA Training site and click on the Edit Profile link on the left side of the page.
For editing your profile, enter your last name in the Search box and click on the Search button.
If your name and email address displays on the next screen, click on the Authenticate Access button.
You will be sent an email with a link in it. Click on the link in the email.
See the instructions on the web page to see what information you can edit in your profile.
- You may display and print the certificate for any user who has completed the training. Go to the HIPAA Training site and click on the Certificate for Verified, Completed Training link on the left side of the page.
- To view Training Status reports, go to the HIPAA Training site and click on the Training Status Reports link on the left side of the page.