Tobacco PreventionStay healthy by not using commercial tobacco products and be a positive role model for your loved ones, family, and community.
- Money in your pocket for not buying commercial tobacco products
- Positive role model for your loved ones
- No exposure to secondary smoke
- No tobacco breath
If you are currently using tobacco products, there are many benefits of quitting. If you are a smoker, by quitting smoking will reduce your chance of having:
- Cancer of the lungs, throat, mouth, lips, gums, bladder and kidney
- Heart disease, hardening of the arteries, and stroke
- Emphysema and other lung diseases
- Circulation problems.
If you have children, your quitting can lower their risk of:
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) - (cot death)
- Ear infections
- Bronchitis and other lung problems.