NOV 21 1994
TO: Area Directors
FROM: Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority for Physicians Comparability Allowance
Authority Delegated and To Whom
1. Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), on N()V 2 1 1994, I hereby delegate to the Area Directors, to be exercised for their Areas, the authorities shown below:
a. to certify that a physician is required in a position relative to the payment of Physicians Comparability Allowance (PCA); and
b. to approve and issue PCA agreements (form PHS-6196) and determine actual allowances to be paid to physiolans.
Redelegation and Restrictions
2. The BASHMO retains the authority to determine the conditions under which repayment of PCA may be waived when an employee terminates a PCA service agreement with PHS, and to approve requests for such waivers.
3. The authorities delegated in paragraph 1. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
Information and Guidance
4. Requirements and Instructions for exercising these authorities are contained in Health and Human Services Personnel Instruction 595-1, and PHS Personnel Circular 595-l.
6. This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Luana L. Reyes/ Luana Reyes
Back To Top | Previous Page