DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Public Health Service
Date DEC 8 1986
Office of Management
Subject Delegation of Authority for Managing Performance of Members of the
Senior Executive Service
1. Pursuant to the authority delegated by the Assistant Secretary for
Health to the Director, Office of Management, PHS, on DEC 8 1986,
I hereby delegate to the, PHS Agency Heaths for personnel within
their respective organizations, regional office, including personnel in or under a
regional office, the authority to finalize ratings for members of
the Senior Executive Service (SES).
2. The authority to determine performance appraisal systems to be
implemented and request ASPER approval; and the authority to
appoint members of Performance Review Boards (PRBS ) and to appoint
a chairperson for the PRBs are retained by the Assistant Secretary
3. The authority delegated in paragraph 1. may not be redelegated.
4. Requirements, and instructions for exercising this authority are
contained in Instruction 430-6, in the HHS Personnel Manual.
5. This delegation supersedes the December 30, 1982, Delegation of
Authority for Managing Performance of Merit Pay Employees and
Members of the Senior Executive Service from the Director, Office
of Management, PHS, to the PHS Agency Heads.
6. This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Wilford J. Forbush/
Wilford J. Forbush
Back To Top