The WebAudit is a set of internet-based tools for Audit data entry, uploading files from electronic audits, data processing, and reporting.
With the WebAudit's point-and-click interface, users can quickly and easily enter or upload Audit data into a secure, centralized database. They can then view and edit their data, check it for errors, or download it in Excel format for local use. Summary reports are also available for the current year and previous years.
- Requirements: To use the WebAudit, you must have a computer with internet access and an internet browser, such as Internet Explorer.
- Documentation: Once logged into the WebAudit, users will find brief instructions on each page.
- Request Access: Each user must have their own account.
Request Username: Contact the Audit team at email@example.com if you have a WebAudit account but do not remember your username.
- Register for an IHS Web Account, if you do not already have one. The Username and Password for this account are separate from the account you use to log in to your local network.
- Request WebAudit access. Type in the Username and Password for your IHS Web Account and follow the instructions to request access.
- Most requests for WebAudit accounts will be approved in 24 hours or less. You will receive an email message when your request is approved.
- Contact the Audit team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems.
- If you already have a WebAudit account, log in and/or reset your password.