Why is this important?
- Documenting the complete foot care exam is important for accurate reporting for the IHS Diabetes Care and Outcomes Audit.
- Assessing patients with diabetes on a regular basis allows providers and diabetes teams to see the strengths and weaknesses of the care provided.
What type of data do we use?
- IHS Electronic Heath Record (EHR) is used to document both the foot exam and education.
- EHR helps providers electronically manage all aspects of patient care.
- Use the Wellness Tab to document a complete foot exam:
- Note any abnormalities
- Document historical exam
- Use the Wellness Tab to document foot care education:
- Select diabetes education for foot care in Wellness Tab.
- Right-click to get the objectives for the learning session.
- Click here for more information and training on IHS EHR.
- iCare is a population management software used with EHR.
- Helps you efficiently manage the care of your patients.
- Provides a comprehensive view of patient information.
- Used to develop a customized diabetes registry of patients with diabetes you have seen.
- Show which patients need a complete foot exam on next visit.
- Click here for more information and training on iCare.