This online course contains 6 lessons that prepare health paraprofessionals to assist people with diabetes. Topics include:
- Introduction to diabetes
- Using clinical practice guidelines to reduce risk
- Healthy eating strategies for managing diabetes
- Physical activity, monitoring and goal setting
- Diabetes medication information and taking medications safely
- Helping diabetes patients stay safe and prevent complications
The course takes about 6 hours to complete.
Eligibility criteria: Community Health Representatives working in IHS, Tribal, and Urban Indian health (I/T/U) programs.
Note: You are asked to complete the course in 8 weeks.
Application Process: All registrations must be submitted on or before Friday, March 28, 2014 (no exceptions).