The Crownpoint Nurse Executive Team consists of:
- Erma Marbut, RN Chief Nurse Executive
- Karen Muich, RN Nurse Educator
- Linda Schweigman, RN In-Patient Unit/OB supervisor
- Kendra Carter, RN Lead Clinical Nurse In-patient Unit/OB
- Vina Steele, RN Ambulatory Care Supervisor
- Camela Yazzie, RN Ambulatory Care Patient Educator
- Doris Cleveland, RN Emergency Department Supervisor
- The In-patient unit provides nursing care for adult and pediatric patients.
- Maximum capacity is 14 patients. Census and acuity vary.
- Staffing ratio is 2 licensed nurses and 2 Nursing Assistants on both day and night (12 hour shifts)
- Obstetrics is staffed by 1 RN and 1 Nursing Assistant on both day and night (12 hour shifts). Obstetrical care is targeted to the low risk delivery.
- Schedules are posted six weeks in advance. Every effort is made to accommodate leave requests.
- Newly hired staff members attend Nursing Orientation upon entering on duty.
- A written competency assessment folder is provided and is discipline specific according to the individual's job title.
- Newly hired staff receive education and information regarding Federal and Hospital expectations.
- The education is tailored to meet the unique skills and knowledge of the individual.
- Written and psychomotor skills are assessed and verified during the orientation period.
- Onsite BLS and ACLS classes are available at no charge to Federal employees.
- Off site education is contingent on staffing needs of the facility.
- Funds may be available to assist the RN staff with fee charges.
- The IHS website has many free CEU subjects available to benefit the licensed staff.
- Unit orientation is also tailored to meet the unique skills and knowledge of the individual.
- The newly hired staff member is assigned a Preceptor. Length of orientation is contingent on the employee and Supervisor's assessment.
- Annual competency is verified through written and psychomotor assessment in keeping with the Federal and hospital requirements.