Strengthen the Family Circle [PDF - 1MB]
Step-by-Step Guide to Dynamic Community Presentations [Word - 1.4MB]
The IHS N&DTP continues to partner with, tribal programs, federal agencies, and professional organizations to support the vision, mission and goals of the Indian Health Service, to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level.
IHS Nutrition and Dietetics Program is managed under the IHS Headquarters Nutrition Program and is located on the grounds of the IHS Hospital in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Healthy Beverage Community Action
An action kit to assist Indian Communities promote increased consumption of water and healthier beverages. Utilizes community mobilization techniques. Kit includes beverage assessment and tips for forming a healthy beverage team, as well as fact sheets on youth soda consumption, health consequences and examples such as the Lummi Nation's Stop the Pop Tribal Resolution.
- National Nutrition Directory [Word - 868KB]
List of Registered Dietitians and Nutritionists working in Indian Health Service, Tribal and Urban Programs serving American Indian and Alaska Native people in the United States.
2013 Training Schedule, conference description and application forms and helpful links.
- To request Continuing Education Credits for Registered Dietitians for your professional meetings and workshops – contact Rob Collison; alternate: Jean Charles-Azure
- Southwestern Dietetic Internship Consortium
- Networking with IHS/Tribal/Urban nutrition professionals and allied health staff nationwide
- Technical assistance to local, regional and national programs
- Liaison with other Federal Programs, agencies and national organizations