ALTERNATIVE RURAL HEALTHCARE FACILITY
An alternative rural healthcare facility is a facility providing a broad range of ambulatory/clinical care and limited inpatient care including emergency room services and low acuity inpatient care. The facility may also include low risk birthing services. This facility does not provide Surgery, C-Sections or ICU services. User population of 6,000 or more, with an inpatient ADPL of 2-12. It is offered without and with a birthing unit.
When you select the Alternative Rural Health care facility without a birthing unit the positions that are provided in the RRM are:
- Fixed Supervisory Registered Nurse staff of 0.5 for facilities with 4-6 ADPL or 1.0 Fixed Supervisory Registered Nurse staff for facilities with 7-12 ADPL.
- Fixed Register Nurse staff of 5.0 FTE/facility plus 0.3 Registered Nurse staff times ADPL.
- Fixed LPN staff of 1 FTE plus 0.16 LPN staff times ADPL
Health Tech: .16* ADPL.
- Fixed Clerical Support staff of 0.5 for facilities with 4-6 ADPL or 1.0 Fixed Clerical Support staff for facilities with 7-12 ADPL.
Plus a fixed staff of:
1 FTE for Pharmacy per facility
2 FTE for Lab per facility
1 FTE for Imaging per facility
2 FTE for Administration per facility
1 FTE Dietitian Director
1 FTE Food Service Manager
3 FTE Cooks
3 FTE Food Service Workers
1 FTE Clerk
If you select the Alternative Rural Healthcare Facility with a Birthing Unit you receive the following Birthing Unit Staff:
- Registered Nurse: 5 FTE per Unit
- Midwife: 2 FTE per Unit
Back to RRM Module Table of Contents