Albuquerque Indian Dental Clinic
Caring for Native Smiles
9169 Coors NW
New Mexico, 87120
(on the SIPI campus)
PO Box 67830, Albuquerque, NM 87193
Hours of Operation
Routine and Preventive Care
7:30 am-5:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
7:30 am-4:30 pm Friday
9:30 am-5:30 pm Tuesday
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays
1 pm-3:15 pm, Monday-Friday
Emergency patients are limited each day and seen on a first come, first serve basis each afternoon. You may come in as early as 7:30 am to sign up for an emergency appointment between 1 pm and 3:15 pm.
After Hours Emergency Care
Go to your local Emergency Room or Urgent Care Center (you may be responsible for payment)
Patient Feedback: Maureen Cordova, CEO
Clinical Questions: Dr. Darlene Sorrell, Director or Dr. Rob Good, Deputy Clinical Director
Website Questions: John Jaramillo, Administrator
Dental Assistant Externship Questions: Cecilia Riley, Coordinator or Lynette Hiyi, Coordinator
Billing Questions: Billie.Renville@ihs.gov, Business Office Manager
AIDC is the Albuquerque Area's only IHS Urban dental clinic. We treat the dental health of:
- Children (a parent or guardian is required to attend appointments with children und 18)
- Adults up to age 30
- Pregnant women
- Adults for emergency care
Our friendly and professional staff is excited to make AIDC your family's dental home. We provide:
- Preventive and Routine Dental Services for children and adults up to age 30
- Braces (referral required)
- Pregnant Woman Dental Exams
- Same Day Emergency Dental Care (for children and adults of any age)
First Visit - To make your first visit with us go as smoothly as possible these are some of things we will need.
A parent or legal guardian must be present at any appointment for children under 18. Please plan to bring the following:
- Legal papers for temporary or permanent guardianship
- The patient's Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) or the parent's CIB if the child is under 18.
- Social Security Card
- Picture ID
- Private insurance cards or Medicaid cards
- List of current medications including over-the-counter
- Medical History Form (Please print, SHOULD NOT be signed until witnessed by the staff upon check in)
The Albuquerque Area Braces Program is located at the Albuquerque IHS Dental Clinic. We accept referrals from Albuquerque Area IHS, Tribal and Urban dental programs. Your local dental clinic will help you get the required referral to be seen at our program. Call your local dental clinic to find out how your child can get braces at our clinic.
Your child must be 14 years or younger at the time for the referral to be considered for braces. Once you have been referred to our program, we will tell you the steps needed to be in the program.
Braces can help build your child's self esteem by straightening teeth and aligning the jaw for dental health and a beautiful smile.
We are proud to be accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) , a private, non-profit organization established as the leader in developing standards to advance and promote patient safety, quality care, and value for ambulatory health care through peer based accreditation processes, education, and research. A certificate of accreditation is awarded to organizations that are found to be in compliance with AAAHC Standards.