Admission Criteria and Referral Procedures
A complete package is required for admission consideration.
The following are the eligibility criteria for admission:
- Eligible for Indian Health Services Direct Care;
- Age from 13 through 18;
- Dual diagnosis (substance abuse & mental health;
- Need for intensive treatment than is available on an outpatient basis.
The following may preclude admission:
- Actively suicidal or cent serious self abuse;
- Actively homicidal or recent serious violence;
- Actively psychotic or impairment in reality testing;
- Refusal to participate in the treatment program
- Significant runaway risk – this is not a locked program
- Inability to enter into treatment because of developmental level or cognitive impairment;
- Behavioral problems that would significantly interfere with other residents’ treatment and
- Medically unstable.
Contact Diego Calabaza, Intake Coordinator for a Referral Packet or any questions you might have regarding the admission process at (505) 552 – 5509.
Completed referral packets include a referral statement, parent and adolescent questionnaire, Chemical Dependency and/or Psychological Assessment, prior treatment summaries, immunization record, documentation of eligibility of services and consents and releases to assure continuity of care.