The Walking Revolution, a Documentary Film
- Affordable Care Act
In March 2010, President Obama signed comprehensive health reform, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), into law. The law makes preventive care—including family planning and related services—more accessible and affordable for many Americans. This page will house information, links, documents, and resources about the ACA and will be updated frequently.
- California Area IHS Newsletter April 2014 (PDF)
In this issue: Director’s Message: Affordable Care Act; Traditional Food: Seaweed; Stop the Spread of Germs and Avoid Illnesses: Wash Your Hands!; Measles: Why is this Vaccine Preventable Disease Still Circulating?; Good News Supporting Healthy Lifestyles; Drought Preparation—Conserving Water in Your Home; Linking Poor Oral Health to Poor General Health
- California Area IHS Newsletter July 2014 (PDF)
In this issue: Director’s Message: Technology-RPMS Electronic Health Record; Alcohol Awareness; Sports Should Include Mouthguard; Myths and Facts about Diabetes; Making Sense of Sunscreen; Hay Fever; Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Dental Resources for Patients
Your Oral Health: Articles addressing a number of oral health topics.
- Eligibility Statement
Find out if you are eligible to receive services at a tribal or urban indian health facility;
What are "Contract Health Services" (CHS);
- Health Programs
Find a clinic near you
- More Patient Resources
- Free Help to Quit Smoking
- How to quite smoking. Learn the effects of smoking and your health.
- Understanding the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), Patient Flyer (PDF 362KB)
- Information to help you solve your dental emergency
- What to do if you or someone you love is being abused?
- Immunizations required to protect your family
- Poison Control Hotlines
- Suicide Prevention Hotlines
- Answers to your health questions
- Report Abuse/Domestic Violence
- H1N1, avian and pandemic flu information
- IHS FAQs on health care services
- Newsletters For Patients
These newsletters include articles on health and safety that serve to improve awareness of health as well as injury and disease prevention among the American Indian patient population.
- The Walking Revolution, a Documentary Film
Released by Every Body Walk!, this documentary explores how the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other has significant health and environmental benefits.