- Congratulations to the IHS Environmental Health Specialist of 2014, Landon Wiggins, of the Phoenix Area [PDF - 178 KB]
- Area Environmental Health Specialists of 2014 [PPT - 3 MB]
- 2013 DEHS Annual Report [PDF - 20 MB]
- DEHS Directors Conference Call Minutes - March 5, 2015 [PDF - 62KB]
- DEHS Directors Conference Call Minutes - January 8, 2015 [PDF - 64KB]
- 2014 COSTEP/Extern experiences
- DEHS "elevator speech" [PDF - 124KB]
This document is a short description of our program that can help you communicate with anyone interested in the work our program performs.
- Join Our LISTSERV email group to stay up to date on the DEHS Program and discuss topics relevant to environmental health.
- 2014 DEHS Loan Repayment Methodology and Site Scores
- DEHS Informational PowerPoint Presentation
This presentation is in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010. There are known issues when moving the presentation between the 2010 and 2007 versions.
- DEHS Informational Brochure [PDF - 2.4MB]
"Through shared decision making and sound public health measures, enhance the health and quality of life of all American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level by eliminating environmentally related disease and injury."
The Division of Environmental Health Services (DEHS) is part of the Office of Environmental Health and Engineering , in the Indian Health Service.
We are Environmental Health Officers, Environmental Health Specialists, Health Care Safety Officers, Institutional Environmental Health Officers, and Injury Prevention Specialists. We provide direct environmental health services and consultation to American Indian and Alaska Native tribal governments and Indian Health Service programs.
To quantify need, DEHS and stakeholders identified five environmental health areas that serve as our national priorities. Strategies, objectives, indicators, performance measures and rough cost estimates needed to make visible progress are detailed for each priority.
These priorities are:
- Children’s Environment [PDF - 165KB]
- Food Safety [PDF - 164KB]
- Healthy Homes [PDF - 167KB]
- Vectorborne and Communicable Disease [PDF - 135KB]
- Safe Drinking Water [PDF - 168KB]
Food Safety Widget.
Flash Player 9 is required.
The Contact Us portion of this site provides contact information for DEHS Directors in the IHS Area Office's. Visit the "Area Programs" location of this page to find links to a few Area and local programs.
The work of DEHS covers a wide variety of public health services and includes two specialty areas: Community Injury Prevention, and Institutional Environmental Health. The Services section of this site contains information on the work we do. The Injury Prevention program maintains a website that contains information and resources on its programs.
Ongoing activities and administrative resources are also contained on this site. The Jobs/Internships location contains information on DEHS vacancies, job application resources, Internship opportunities, and recent intern reports.
DEHS professionals are working to provide the best quality environmental health services. Please let us know your suggestions and comments on our site.