Compensation for Your IHS Civil Service Career
Understanding Civil Service Pay
The salary for Civil Service Employee varies from one area to another.
- Civil Service pay is negotiable.
- Current pay for entry-level general dentists is approximately $96,539-$130,000*. Experienced dentists and specialists may earn even more.
- Current pay for entry-level dental hygienist is negotiable with the local site.
- These salary figures do not include the IHS Loan Repayment Program (LRP). Therefore, if you are successful in obtaining an IHS LRP award, you may receive that compensation in addition to your salary.
- All civil service pay is taxable income.
* For Tucson-area opportunities, please contact the site directly.