The Division of Facilities Operations
Office of Environmental Health and Engineering
Division of Facilities Operations
12300 Twinbrook Parkway, Suite 600
Rockville, Maryland 20852
The Division of Facilities Operations includes the activities that support the operation of healthcare facilities to accomplish its ultimate goal: the delivery
of healthcare. This Division is involved in the maintenance, repair, and improvement of:
- Physical Plant (buildings),
- Utility Systems (exterior and interior),
- Clinical Equipment (medical and often non-medical),
- Grounds, Roads, and Parking Lots,
- and Building Service Equipment Systems that provide the physical environment for patient care.
The mission of the Indian Health Service Division of Facilities Operations is:
To support delivery of health care and preventative services to American Indians and Native Alaskans and to safeguard interests in property. Without functional health care facilities, the efficient and effective delivery of preventative and curative services is not possible. The specific goal of the program is to ensure the optimum availability of functional, well maintained health care facilities and staff housing.