IHS-10-11-002Release Date: October 16, 2011
Source: IHS Division of Grants Management
Subject: GrantSolutions Replaces GATES
The Division of Grants Management is so excited about our “New Web-Based Grants Management System.” We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to streamline the grants process while providing quality grants management service, reducing costs to our agency and providing a way for our Regional Program Areas, Tribes and Tribal Organizations, Grants and HQE Program Staff to improve overall communication. With the help of the Grants Center of Excellence (COE) and the development of the GrantSolutions system that delivers end-to-end grants management services to over 17 Federal partner agencies through the GrantSolutions.gov system, managed by the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), COE’s we have reached our goal.
The Grants Center of Excellence serves a broad cross section of federal grant making agencies. Diverse in mission, size and program complexity, they bridge the spectrum of grant possibilities demonstrating the flexibility and adaptability of GrantSolutions.
Some of the many features include: Grants administration made easier and more cost effective through electronic reporting and information access. Grantees can focus more fully on program goals. Readily adaptable business processes allow partners to streamline and otherwise improve financial and programmatic management. These factors coupled with cost savings mean that agencies can do more for less.
- Full life-cycle processing (pre-award through post-award) for all types of grants
- Funds control integration with financial systems, financial reports, audit tracking
- Flexible mechanisms for program-specific needs and performance reports
- Standard system interfaces to Grants.gov and other external systems
- Allows systems access and operations to all parties involved in the grant making process