Regulations and Records Access
The Regulation and Records Access Staff manages the IHS' overall regulations program and responsibilities, including determining the need for and developing plans for changes in existing regulations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serving as the IHS liaison with the Office of the Federal Register on matters relating to the submission and clearance of documents for publication in the Federal Register;
- assuring proper agency clearance and processing of Federal Register documents;
- informing management and program officials of regulatory activities of other Federal agencies;
- managing the IHS review of non-IHS regulatory documents that impact the delivery of health services to Indians.
The Regulations and Records Access Team maintains current editions of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and current Federal Register (FR) notices. These documents are located in Suite 450 of the Twinbrook Building.
Please e-mail Betty Gould if you have questions or need copies of IHS regulations or Federal Register notices. For your convenience, you can download the following IHS regulations and template for Federal Register notices:
- IHS Regulations 42 CFR Part 136
- Title I regulations 25 CFR Part 900
- Title V regulations 42 CFR Part 137
For all other Federal regulations, use the following link: http://www.regulations.gov