DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY TO DETAIL PERSONNEL SEC. 3341 OF TITLE 5 USC
US Code as of: 01/05/99
Sec. 3341. Details; within Executive or military departments
- (a) The head of an Executive department or military department may detail employees among the bureaus and offices of his department, except employees who are required by law to be exclusively engaged on some specific work.
- (1) Details under subsection (a) of this section may be made only by written order of the head of the department, and may be for not more than 120 days. These details may be renewed by written order of the head of the department, in each particular case, for periods not exceeding 120 days.
- (2) The 120-day limitation in paragraph (1) for details and renewals of details does not apply to the Department of Defense in the case of a detail -
- (c) For purposes of this section -
- (1) the term ''base closure law'' means -
- (A) section 2687 of title 10;
- (B) title II of the Defense Authorization Amendments and Base Closure and Realignment Act (10 U.S.C. 2687 note); and
- (C) the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Act of 1990 (10 U.S.C. 2687 note); and
- the term ''military installation'' -
- (A) in the case of an installation covered by section 2687 of title 10, has the meaning given such term in subsection (e)(1) of such section;
- (B) in the case of an installation covered by the Act referred to in subparagraph (B) of paragraph (1), has the meaning given such term in section 209(6) of such Act; and
- in the case of an installation covered by the Act referred to in subparagraph (C) of that paragraph, has the meaning given such term in section 2910(4) of such Act.
Back To Top