MAY 2 4 1994
TO: Director of Headquarters Operations
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority to Determine when Term Appointments are Appropriate
Authorities Delegated and to Whom
1. Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), by the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Management Operations, Public Health Service (PHS), on February 2, I hereby delegate to the Director of Headquarters Operations (DHO), for IHS Headquarters, the authority to determine that a position or positions may be filled by term appointments.
Redelegation and Restrictions
2. This authority is limited to the determination that a position or positions may be filled by term appointments. The actual filling of the positions for which term appointments are authorized must still be done under competitive procedures.
3. This authority may be redelegated to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources (OHR), and the IHS Area Directors, with further redelegation authorized.
Information and Guidance
4. Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in Federal Personnel Manual Chapter 316.
5. This delegation supersedes the' subject delegation of authority covered by a Memorandum Blanket Delegation of Authority to the DHO from the Director, IHS, dated September 21, 1989. Previous delegations of this authority may remain in effect to the extent that they are consistent with the provisions of this delegation.
6. This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Michael H. Trujillo/ Michael H. Trujillo, M.D., M.P.H.
Back To Top | Previous Page