DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Public Health Service
Indian Health Service|
Rockville MD 20857
MAY 24 1994
TO : Associate Director
Office of Human Resources
FROM: Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority to Determine when Term Appointments are Appropriate
Authorities Delegated and to Whom
1. Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of
Headquarters Operations (DHO) by the Director, Indian Health
Service (IHS), on May 24 1994, I hereby delegate to the
Associate Director, Office of Hum& Resources, for IHS
Headquarters, the authority to determine that a position or
positions may be filled by term appointments.
Redelegation and Restrictions
2. This authority is limited to the determination that a
position or positions may be filled by term appointments.
The actual filling of the positions for which term
appointments are authorized must still be done under
3. This authority may be redelegated.
Information and Guidance
4. Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority
are contained in Federal Personnel Manual Chapter 316.
5. This delegation supersedes the Delegation of Authority
Memorandum, Subject: Appropriate,To Determine when Term Appointments are
Appropriate, from the DHO to the Associate Director, Office
of Administration and Management, dated January 2, 1991.
Previous delegations of this authority may remain in effect
to the extent that they are consistent with the provisions of
6. This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Luana L. Reyes/
Back To Top