DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Public Health Service
Indian Health Service|
Rockville MD 20857
OCT 22 1996
TO: Area Directors
Office of Health Program Research and Development
Division of Personnel Management
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority To Approve Grade and Pay Retention where such use is optional
Authority Delegated and to Whom
1. Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director, Division
of Personnel Management, Indian Health Service (IHS), by the
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resources, OASMB, in
Health and Human Services (HHS) Personnel Instruction 531-2,
Setting Salary, dated May 20, Area Directors,1996, I hereby delegate to the
Area Directors and the Associate Director, Office of Health
Program Research and Development (OHPRD), for their
respective organizations, the authority to approve the use of
grade or pay retention where such use is optional.
Redelegations and Restrictions
2. The authority delegated above must be redelegated to the Area
and OHPRD servicing personnel officials.
3. Personnel Officers are responsible for ensuring that all
legal and regulatory requirements are met.
Information and Guidance
5. Requirements and instructions for exercising these
authorities are contained in 5 U.S.C. Chapter 53; 5 CFR, Part
36; HHS Personnel Instruction 531-2, Setting Salary; and IHS
6. This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Sara J. Matte/
Sara J. Matte
Back To Top