Part 1, Chapter 9: Manual Appendix 1-9-B
Standards and Codes
- STANDARDS AND CODES.
Standards, guidelines, and codes important in OSH include, but are not limited to:
- Applicable National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Codes. The more important ones are:
NFPA - 99 STANDARD FOR HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
NFPA - 101 LIFE SAFETY CODE
NFPA - 70 NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE
- Applicable Nuclear Regulatory Commission Standards
- Applicable Occupational Safety and Health Act provisions 29 CFR Part 1910, 1926 and 1960
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Guidelines for Health Care Workers, 1988
- Applicable Standards of the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Applicable Regulations and Guidance from the FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)
- Uniform Building Code
- Applicable IHS infection control or safety policies
- National Standard Plumbing Code
- Applicable EPA regulations
- Boiler Construction Code of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- The IHM, Part 3, Chapter 21, "Medical Imaging Program"
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Values (TLVs)
- Applicable Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Injury Compensation Program references of HHS Instruction 810-1):
- 5 USC 8101, et seq.
- 20 CFR 10.1 through 10.624
- The IHM Part 1, Chapter 8, "Managing the Workers' Compensation Program"
Back To Top