The IHS Scholarship Program Application Cycle is Now Open!
The IHS Scholarship Program application cycle for the 2016 - 2017 academic year is now open and will run through March 28, 2016. Current scholarship recipients seeking to extend their scholarship support must apply for an extension by February 28, 2016.
- Learn more about the IHS Scholarship Program
- Learn more about how to apply
- Visit the IHS Blog to learn more about taking the first step toward your health profession future
New effort targets drug overdoses in Indian Country
IHS announces a new agreement to equip BIA law enforcement officers with naloxone for responding to incidents of opioid overdose. Naloxone is a medication that reverses the effects of a prescription opioid or heroin overdose and can save lives.
- Release: New effort targets drug overdoses in Indian Country
- IHS Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program
- Opioids: The Prescription Drug & Heroin Overdose Epidemic
ACA Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for the Affordable Care Act's Health Insurance Marketplace ends January 31, 2016. Some benefits are available to members of federally recognized Tribes, such as year round enrollment. However, this period is an opportune time for people of Indian descent or who are otherwise eligible for services from the Indian Health Service, tribal program or urban Indian health program to learn about their health insurance options at Healthcare.gov .
- Learn how the Affordable Care Act impacts Indian Country
- Find enrollment assistance at your local Indian Health Service, Tribal facility or urban Indian health program.
- Read the IHS Blog on Native American Week of Action
IHS Headquarters is Moving
HHS is consolidating space to reduce its environmental footprint, improve efficiency in managing property, and create more functional spaces for employees to carry out the mission. As part of this effort, IHS Headquarters has relocated to a new space. Our new address is:
Indian Health Service Headquarters
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20857
The building is shared with several government agencies. Use a mail stop code to route your mail to the correct IHS program or office.Next
Don't Delay-Get Your Flu Shot Now!
The flu vaccine is one of the safest and most effective ways of preventing the flu. It is best to get your flu vaccine by October, but if you get it later, it may still benefit you. Everyone six months and older should get a flu vaccine each year. Keep from getting sick with the flu and spreading it to your loved ones by getting vaccinated today!
- IHS Seasonal Influenza Information
- Flu.gov: Know What to Do About the Flu
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Flu Information
find Health Care
Find a health care facility near you
begin Your Career
Search available jobs at IHS