Qualified Student Loans
The LRP repays qualified student loans.
Qualified student loans are limited to government (federal, state, local) and commercial loans used to pay for health profession schools and related expenses,
including tuition, fees, books, lab expenses and reasonable living expenses.
A number of federal program loans require documentation, but do not require additional verification since they already meet statutory requirements. These loans
- Health Education Assistance Loan (HEAL) Program
- Guaranteed Student Loan (GSL) Program
- Perkins Loan, formerly National Direct Student Loan (NDSL) Program
- Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL) Program
- Supplemental Loans for Students (SLS)
- Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) Loans
All other loans require lender verification, including loans from undergraduate and graduate health professions schools.
For consolidated loans (health profession education loans combined with commercial, non-health profession or other education loans), only the health profession
portion for the discipline for which you are hired can be repaid by the LRP. Visit the Payments and Examples
page for further clarification on the loan repayment process.
Back to Top