RPMS EHR Certification
In order to demonstrate MU in 2014, EPs and EHs must use technology that is certified according to ONC's 2014 standards and utilize all associated functionality from these patches. RPMS EHR has completed testing and certification for meeting these standards and is awaiting official notification. Once notification is received, sites will need to install various patches to have the complete 2014 version. See below for various draft documents that detail the relationships among the patches, associated applications, performance measures, and related certification criteria. Note that these documents are in draft form; check back for more inclusive lists after the 2014 RPMS EHR certification is officially announced.
- Draft - 2014 Certified RPMS EHR Applications [PDF - 83 KB] - preliminary list of necessary patches
- Draft - 2014 RPMS EHR Grid [PDF - 68 KB] - list of applications and their dependencies
- Draft - 2014 ONC RPMS EHR Grid [PDF - 269 KB] - list of performance measures and related certification criteria
- 2014 MU Training [FTP]
- FAQs from 2014 MU Training [PDF - 82 KB]
For an overview of the technical requirements for 2014 RPMS EHR certification and planning, view the documents below.
According to the ONC 2014 Final Rule, more than 40 requirements need to be demonstrated successfully by the RPMS EHR to achieve 2014 certification. This means that almost every package in the RPMS EHR will be modified. Select a topic below to learn more.
- Ensemble 2012
- HIE Integration
- Immunization Registries and Syndromic Surveillance (Overview)
- IHS Immunization Interface
- Preparing for the PHR
- Problem Lists
- Risk Analysis
- Syndromic Surveillance Patch
- VistA Imaging
To use the 2011 certified version of RPMS, sites must install the RPMS EHR (BCER version 1.0) with all applicable patches. The 2011 Application Checklist [PDF - 20 KB] contains a complete listing of all patches necessary to qualify for the certified version of RPMS.