Resources are all the things that we invest in the program such as staff, funding, equipment and stakeholders. Stakeholders or program partners are an important resource. It is important to identify and engage stakeholders early in the planning process.
Stakeholders have a strong interest in the program; can you identify who the stakeholders might be?
- Receive program services
- Make decisions about funding
- Plan and implement the program on a daily basis
How can stakeholders get involved? What questions might you ask them?
- What resources (time, money, technical assistance) can you contribute?
- How can you help assure that program is successful?
What are other resources for your program?
- Staff - Who are some people that could or should be involved in your program? Be specific.
- Time - What time commitment can these people make? Lack of time can be a serious limitation. Make sure people have adequate time for the program.
- Funding - What kind of budget do you have? Find out what the budget is and create a realistic operating budget.
- Equipment - What kind of equipment will you need for the program? How does this fit with your budget?
- Space - Do you have a designated location to conduct your program activities?