There are 19 Indian Health Best Practices; at least one is required for FY 2010 SDPI Community Directed Grant Program Application.
What is included in the Indian Health Diabetes Best Practices?
- A brief overview
- A section on monitoring progress and outcomes
- Clinical, community and organizational recommendations
- Ideas on evaluating and sustaining a Best Practice
- Tools and Resources
There are 5 tips to help implement these Best Practices into a program, can you list them?
- Tip #1 Review the community needs assessment you completed earlier in this training.
- Tip #2 If you have not already selected the Best Practices that fits your needs, do that now. Take a look at the table in the Best Practices: Brief Descriptions and Key Measures document. This table provides the Key Measures for all 19 Indian Health Diabetes Best Practices.
- Tip #3 Be sure to get support from Tribal Leaders or reaffirm their commitment to your diabetes program.
- Tip #4 Make sure you use the Best Practice Key Measures and your program goals and objectives are matched-up.
- Tip #5 Identify how your program will collect and keep track of data on the key measures and other program activities.