IHS divisions and departments, as well as the network of partners to the Indian health system, offer training opportunities and professional development courses and resources for health professionals. These resources and opportunities may include the following:
- Self-study modules
- Live and Recorded webinars
- On-demand webcasts and podcasts
- Print materials
- Professional certifications
Continuing Education credits may also be available. Health professionals are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities for training and growth in their area of work.
Professional Training Resources
Certified Diabetes Educator
– Learn more about and apply for the Certified Diabetes Educator credential, which allows health care professionals who have defined roles as diabetes educators to demonstrate that they have distinct and specialized diabetes education knowledge.
Certified Lipid Specialist
– Learn more about how physicians and mid-level providers can become recognized for their advanced training and experience in managing patients with lipid disorders.