This training presents a variety of techniques to make your large meetings and small staff meetings more creative, interesting and effective. Meetings that provide opportunities for participants to interact and network with each other and provide information on the latest developments in diabetes care can enhance overall patient care. You can click on individual MENU items above for new ideas, or view the entire module. The goal is to enliven meetings that can too often be routine and boring. Techniques in this “Making Your Meetings Work” module include:
- panel discussions
- role playing
- effective use of PowerPoint
- brief solution groups or small group activities
We encourage you to experiment with alternative ways of setting up your meetings. By doing this, you will enhance the contributions of everyone, and make life a lot more interesting at work.
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- identify the principles of planning creative meetings.
- describe five techniques that encourage interaction and networking among participants.
- compare and contrast the goals of small and large meetings and the five techniques.
- describe the role of the facilitator in small and large meetings and the five techniques.