The concept of the Brief Solution Group is getting participants into small groups to discuss possible solutions to a problem. Energy and purpose can be maintained by assigning people according to similar interests or functions; for example, by putting supervisors or dietitians together.
- introduces the idea.
- gets participants to move to change energy.
- sets time limits.
- keeps the groups on task.
- asks permission and checks in on the groups.
- assesses how things are going and may re-energize or re-direct the group to help the process along.
- helps group share workable ideas.