Why is this important?
- Physical activity play an important role in the management and prevention of type 2 diabetes.
- Assessing and documenting physical activity of patients allows providers and diabetes teams to see the strengths and weaknesses of the care provided.
What type of data do we use?
- Physical activity is assessed using health factors in the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) Electronic Health Record.
- Health factors are located on the Wellness Tab.
- To find the health factors, click the add button; the first one is activity level.
- Click the plus sign, to see the four options and select the appropriate option.
- Document a free text comment if desired.
- Then click the add button to add physical activity assessment to the patient's medical record.
- Click here for more information and training on IHS EHR.
- iCare is a Population Management software used with EHR.
- Helps you efficiently manage the care of your patients.
- Provides a comprehensive view of patient information.
- Used to develop a customized diabetes registry of patients with diabetes you have seen
- Use the template to select clinical measures to track, including physical activity.
- Show which patients need physical activity assessed/reassessed.
- Forward to patient scheduling to include in next clinic visit
- Click here for more information and training on iCare.