National Director's Awards
IHS Director's Award for Customer ServicePurpose:
This award recognizes service that has significantly advanced the IHS mission, goals and priorities through customer service. This award is designed to recognize innovation and exceptional performance and/or exemplary actions resulting in quality service to customers, stakeholders, and/or partners of the IHS.
All IHS employees or team of employees, including Tribal employees and contractors. Teams may consist of employees from the same organization or from a number of different organizations.
- An act of outstanding customer service that clearly required an in-depth understanding of the needs of the customer
- An achievement in customer service that demonstrates possession of technical understanding, capability and imagination to devise creative solutions to challenging problems confronting our customers
- Instances or situations where the nominated individual or team has provided outstanding customer service by going beyond expectations to:
- Fully understand a customer's situation
- Seek out an effective way to address the customer's needs; and
- Follow up to ensure that the needs have been met and that the customer is happy with the result
- Performance should clearly exceed expectations