Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
Medicine Dish Presents - CMS Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program
We are pleased to present the next in our monthly webcast series created for providers in Indian Country. These programs serve as a path to open communication, providing information and promoting discussion about Medicare, Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), and other issues important to the health of American Indian and Alaska Native people.
TOPIC: CMS Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program
DATE: Wednesday, August 18, 2010
TIME: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time
WHAT TO EXPECT: Elizabeth Holland and Jessica Kahn, CMS, will present an overview of the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program including the new regulations. Dr. Theresa Cullen, IHS, will discuss EHR activities underway in IHS and impact of the CMS incentive programs. Topics include:
- Eligibility Requirements for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program
- Eligibility Requirements for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Meaningful Use Requirements for Eligible Professionals, Eligible Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals
- Incentive Payment Amounts
- IHS' Use of Electronic Health Records and Health Information Technology
- Access link: http://videocast.nih.gov
- Webcast lines are limited. Real Player is necessary to see the program and can be downloaded for free from this website. Previous Medicine Dish programs are archived at this site under “Lecture Series – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services” at this link: http://videocast.nih.gov/PastEvents.asp?c=80 .
- Technical Login Support is available from this site.
Please join us for this broadcast and remember that you can access recordings of all of the previous shows at http://videocast.nih.gov . Please do not hesitate to contact Lindsey Cometa, if you have any questions.
The next show will be broadcast on October 20th at 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time.