New Application Cycle Open
The IHS Scholarship Program will continue to accept applications for new scholarship awards until the March 28, 2014 deadline.
Continuation Application Cycle Closed
The IHS Scholarship Program is no longer accepting applications from current IHS scholarship recipients applying for continuation of their scholarship support.
Current recipients who have submitted their online application can log in using the Apply Now
button to check the status of their application packet.
New Application Instructions
The following documentation must be submitted as part of all application packets:
- Application: Print before submitting your online application.
- Application Checklist: Print before submitting your online application. This form must have your original signature.
- Documentation of American Indian Tribal or Alaska Native Village Membership [PDF - 4,249KB]
- Delinquent Federal Debt (IHS-856-5) [PDF - 52KB]: Submit a hard copy with your original signature in addition to the online form.
- Course Curriculum Verification (IHS-856-6) [PDF - 186KB]: This form requires your original signature and the signature of a school counselor, advisor or your Area Scholarship Coordinator.
- Curriculum for Major: This document can be found in your school's course catalog and must be attached to your Course Curriculum Verification (IHS-856-6) form.
- Letter of Acceptance/Proof of Application
- Official Transcripts: Transcripts from every college/university attended or high school (if you have less than 30 college/university credit hours) must be sent in an official, sealed envelope with the college/university seal and/or registrar's signature. Program staff will make the required copies.
- The following form is only required if a faculty/employer evaluation is not completed as part of your online application:
- Faculty/Employer Evaluation (IHS-856-3) [PDF - 62KB]: You must submit an original and one copy of this form if your selected evaluator(s) cannot access the online form or would prefer to complete the form in writing. You must submit two separate evaluations.
New applicants must mail your application packets to the IHS Scholarship Program branch office. The mailing address is:
Indian Health Service
801 Thompson Ave., TMP Suite 450A
Rockville, MD 20852