Before you begin your application, confirm that you meet our eligibility requirements as well as familiarize yourself with the agreement or contract associated
with the scholarship that matches your academic pursuits.
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be American Indian or Alaska Native:
- Preparatory and Pre-Graduate Scholarships: Members or descendents of federally recognized, state-recognized or terminated Tribes and villages.
- Health Professions Scholarship: Members of federally recognized Tribes and villages only.
- Be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Be capable of completing a health profession degree program.
- Intend to serve Indian people as a health professional in your chosen specialty.
- Preparatory and Pre-Graduate Scholarships: Be willing to sign an
IHS Scholarship Program Agreement (IHS-817) [PDF - 29KB] documenting that you're committed to
continuing your education in your identified health profession degree program.
- Health Professions Scholarship: Be willing to sign an
IHS Scholarship Program Contract (IHS-818) [PDF - 43KB] agreeing to a minimum two-year service commitment to practice at an
Indian health facility upon completion of your academic and/or post-graduate training.