IHS.gov Forms Standard
Standard:All HTML Forms will be coded for both Section 508 compliance and usability.
- All types of forms (radio buttons, check boxes, drop down, etc.) will have a respective <label> element with corresponding text
- When submission of a form is completed a "Thank You" message page is presented alerting the users that their submission has been successful and any further instructions that are necessary
- Use of radio buttons or drop down menus for multiple selections is NOT allowed
- Tab order of forms must flow from left to right, top to bottom
- Form fields and form labels must be left aligned
- When required fields are present use of the asterisks (*) must occur to designate which fields are required. The asterisks must be to the left of the form label and all asterisks must be vertically aligned with each other NOT the form label text.