IHS.gov Web Template Standard
All IHS.gov websites will utilize the standard IHS.gov template
The IHS.gov Web template(s) are kept by the IHS Web Services Team and must be used for all IHS.gov websites.
- A Sans-serif font must be used for all sites and be consistent through the site.
- Standard header is present. This is a ColdFusion include which cannot be modified
- Standard footer is present. This is a ColdFusion include which cannot be modified
- The left navigation bar is required for site navigation
- Links must be text, not images.
- Color contrast between the left navigation and navigation links must be sufficient.
- Second level navigation links must be obvious by their indentation in the left navigation.
- Breadcrum is present and accurately reflecting which section of IHS.gov the site is linked from
- Website is located at the root folder giving it a site name of www.ihs.gov/sitename
- Some variation of a "Contact Us" link or page must be present on all pages
Justification and Reasoning:
This standard ensures consistency across all of IHS.gov and allows visitors to easily locate and identify the navigation bar, header & footer, search box and other standard elements of IHS.gov. Additionally, use of the standard template allows for seamless modifications to the elements which it contains. If Web Services makes a change the template files, all IHS.gov websites will change.
Case-by-case formal requests will be considered. Justification must be provided.