2016 IHS National Oral Health Council Clinical [NOHC] Excellence in Dentistry Awards
In a continued effort to encourage and recognize excellent performance by IHS dental program personnel, the Field Advisory Committee [FAC] of the NOHC announces these awards honoring dental assistants, hygienists, dentists, and a specialist. These 2016 annual awards recognize the following individuals who have excelled at the provision of Oral Health Care:
- Junior Dental Assistant: No Nomination Received
- Senior Dental Assistant: Ms. Sindy Williams [Alaska Area]
- Junior RD Hygienist: Ms. Lisa Daniel [Great Plains Area]
- Senior RD Hygienist: Ms. Julie Rattler [Billings Area]
- Junior Dentist: Dr. David Harbarger [Nashville Area]
- Mid-Career Dentist: Dr. Sarah Shoffstall-Cone [Alaska Area]
- Senior Dentist: Dr. Mary Williard [Alaska Area]
- Specialist: Dr. Brian Talley, Pediatric Dentistry [Albuquerque Area]
The above awards were selected from the nominations submitted from the entire IHS Dental Staff and reviewed and selected by the Awards Workgroup of the FAC NOHC.
I wish to offer my gratitude to all of these well-deserved 2016 selectees for your continued outstanding service to our American Indian and Alaska Native patients.
Timothy L. Lozon, D.D.S.
CAPT [ret], USPHS
Director, Division Of Oral Health