As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan [mura]$.showExitDisclaimer()[/mura]
2017 IHS National Oral Health Council Clinical Excellence in Dentistry Awards
In a continued effort to encourage and recognize excellent performance by IHS dental program personnel, the Field Advisory Committee [FAC] of the National Oral Health Council [NOHC] announces these awards honoring dental assistants, hygienists, dentists, and a specialist. These 2017 annual award selectees were individuals who have excelled at the provision of Oral Health Care in the past year and they were recognized at the IHS Dental Updates meeting in April:
- Junior Dental Assistant: Ms. Lesly Gutierrez [California Area]
- Senior Dental Assistant: Ms. Diane Flannery [Great Plains Area]
- Junior RD Hygienist: [no selection made]
- Senior RD Hygienist: Ms. Juanita Simpson [Portland Area]
- Junior Dentist: Dr. John Walker [Albuquerque Area]
- Mid-Career Dentist: Dr. Dane Lenaker [Alaska Area]
- Senior Dentist: Dr. Kevin Zimmerman [Tucson Area]
- Specialist: [no selection made]
The above awards were selected from the nominations submitted from the National Oral Health Council [made up of the entire IHS/Tribal/Urban Dental Staff] and reviewed and selected by the Awards Workgroup of the Field Advisory Committee of the NOHC.
I wish to offer my gratitude to all of these well-deserved 2017 selectees for your continued outstanding service to our American Indian and Alaska Native patients.
Timothy L. Lozon, D.D.S.
CAPT [ret], USPHS
Director, Division of Oral Health