2012 Catalog: All Courses
To view other courses in this category, use the “Previous” and “Next” buttons.
To select this course and request approval, please login.
Need more help reading this page?
DD0007: Interceptive Orthodontic Training for the General Dentist
|Date: 4/16/2012 - 4/20/2012
||Course Status: Completed
|Facility: Chemawa Indian Health Center
||Location: Salem, OR
|Instructor: D. MARK MCCOLLOUGH, FRANK MENDOZA
||Director: D. MARK MCCOLLOUGH
|Quota: 5 - 10 students
Hours: 32.00 (Total CDE); 32.00 (AGD - 370)
The IHS Division of Oral Health is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
This course will include both didactic and hands-on formats. The course will be presented in three phases:
1. Diagnoses and assessment.
2. Interceptive and preventive treatment.
3. Limited correction appliances.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Take the diagnostic records on patients in need of interceptive or limited orthodontic treatment.
2. Identify and diagnose malocclusions that could benefit from interceptive orthodontic therapy.
3. Define interceptive orthodontic treatment objectives and develop treatment plans.
4. Band and bond teeth.
5. Identify and select proper appliances for treating various malocclusions.
6. Talk the same language as an orthodontist so that he/she can consult over the phone with you during treatment.
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral
Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity.
The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices.
No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted
independent of any commercial entity.
Concerns or complaints about this course may be directed to IHS CDE Coordinator or to ADA CERP (http://www.ada.org/goto/cerp).
1. All students must pay $400 materials fee 6 weeks before the beginning of the course.
2. Tuition only applies to participants who work at facilities that have taken HQ shares.
3. Copy of dental license.
4. Clinical letter of good standing.
|Tuition Payment Information:
Please Make Checks Payable to: Chemawa Health Center
c/o Mark McCollough
3750 Chemawa Road, N.E.
Salem, OR 97305
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at
least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course.
If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.