2012 Catalog: General Courses
To view other courses in this category, use the “Previous” and “Next” buttons.
To select this course and request approval, please login.
Need more help reading this page?
DE0069: Electronic Dental Record [EDR] Supplemental Training
|Date: 8/29/2012 - 8/30/2012
||Course Status: Completed
|Facility: California Area Office
||Location: Sacramento, CA
|Instructor: Alice Kaplan, Lisa Green, Ginger Roberts, Lisa Harris
||Director: GEORGE CHIARCHIARO
||Audience: Dentists, Hygienists, Assistants, Support Staff
|Quota: 8 - 20 students
Hours: 16.00 (Total CDE); 16.00 (DANB Non-Clinical); 16.00 (AGD - 561)
The IHS Division of Oral Health is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
This course will be held at: 650 Capitol Mall, Ste. 7-100, Sacramento, CA 95814
This two-day course is offered for participants who work at a site using the IHS/EDR. The fact that this will be a group of peers learning together will enhance the effectiveness of the seminar as information is shared. Topics to be covered include:
• Review of Setup: Appointment Book, Family File, Insurance
• Understanding Letter Merge and Creating Custom Letters
• Understanding DXOne Reports: Creating IHS Report Template and Scheduled Processing
• Review of Patient Chart/Perio Charting
• Creating and Using Custom Clinical Note Templates [version 5.0 upgrade]
• Understanding and Utilizing the features of the Treatment Planner [version 5.0 upgrade]
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. List the basic modules of Dentrix that they have had an introduction to through initial onsite training.
2. Identify the new features from the recent 5.0 upgrade, including hands-on practice creating Clinical Note Templates and new treatment cases in the Treatment Planner.
3. Use the new features of 6.0 and Windows Add-in.
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral
Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity.
The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices.
No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted
independent of any commercial entity.
Concerns or complaints about this course may be directed to IHS CDE Coordinator or to ADA CERP (http://www.ada.org/goto/cerp).
Site must be using the IHS/EDR, Version 4.0
|Tuition Payment Information:
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at
least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course.
If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.