Part 7, Chapter 5: Manual Exhibit 7-5-B
Sample Decision Format
SUBJECT: Your Stage____ Grievance [indicate stage 1 or 2]
- I received your Stage____________ grievance on___________________ [date].
- My decision is: [State the decision and include a report of findings and the reasons for the decision as required by Section 4(B)(2) and Section 5(D).]
- If you have no authority over the matter(s) grieved, state that you have forwarded the grievance to the appropriate official (give name and address).
- If the decision is to reject or cancel the grievance, comply with Section 6(K) or Section 6(L) as applicable.
- If the decision is to grant the personal relief sought, be specific in describing it to avoid future disputes as to its meaning or implementation.
- If the decision is to not grant the personal relief sought, include a report of findings and reasons for your decision on the matter(s) grieved.
- If this is a Stage 1 decision, state how the employee may pursue the matter(s) at the next level.
[Attachments: (It is preferable to identify any attachments.)]