As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
As an IHS Ambassador, you have scores of recruitment opportunities and venues to attract future Indian health professionals. Whether you're onsite hosting career fairs and campus Lunch-and-Learns, hosting virtual hiring events or meeting with an interested student or health professional, there's a ready resource of information for you to distribute that will provide interested candidates insight into an Indian health career.
We invite you to download the following resources to help you begin your IHS Ambassador journey.
Training Quick Reference Guide (QRG) [PDF - 6.5 MB]
- Ambassador Program Introduction Email Template [Word - 91 KB]
- Indian Health Careers Email Template [Word - 133 KB]
- Loan Repayment Program (LRP) Email Template [Word - 92 KB]
- IHS Scholarship Program Email Template [Word - 101 KB]
- Indian Health Careers Event Template (1) [PDF - 5 MB]
- Indian Health Careers Event Template (2) [PDF - 5 MB]
- Loan Repayment Program (LRP) Event Template [PDF - 5 MB]
- IHS Scholarship Program Event Template [PDF - 5 MB]
Recruitment PowerPoint (PPT) Presentation [PPT - 10 MB]
The IHS Online Fulfillment System houses all Indian health recruitment materials to have on hand for recruitment events. You will need to contact the support desk, per instructions on the site home page, to request access to the site. Once you've ordered materials, DHPS will cover all costs incurred for delivery.