Resources for Health Care Professionals
Links and Resources
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services The Department of Health and Human Services is the principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans. It is comprised of the Office of the Secretary (18 Staff Divisions) and 11 Operating Divisions.
Federal Register, Vol. 75, No. 190, Friday, October 1, 2010 (PDF KB) (Federally Recognized Tribes)
Federal Register, Vol.75, No. 207, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 (PDF KB) (Federally Recognized Tribes, Supplement)
Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) (PDF 1MB) An Introduction to GPRA for Providers and Clinic Staff
Grants.Gov Grants.gov is your source to FIND and APPLY for federal grants.
IHS Fact Sheets The Indian Health Service's "Fact Sheets" web site contains select information on specific healthcare topics concerning American Indian and Alaska Natives.
IHS Manual The Indian Health Manual (IHM) is the reference for IHS employees regarding IHS-specific policy and procedural instructions.
National Guideline Clearinghouse DHHS / Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, NGC is a public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
California State Board of Pharmacy The Board of Pharmacy protects and promotes the health and safety of Californians by pursuing the highest quality of pharmacist’s care and the appropriate use of pharmaceuticals through education, communication, licensing, legislation, regulation, and enforcement.
California State Indian Health Program The mission of the Indian Health Program (IHP) is to improve the health status of American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/ANs) living in urban, rural, and reservation or rancheria communities throughout California.
California Health & Human Services (CHHS) Agency Access to all of the State of California's CHHS websites
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) presents
American Indian and Alaska Native Culture Card - A Guide to Build Cultural Awareness . Intended to enhance cultural competence when serving American Indian and Alaska Native communities. Covers regional differences; cultural customs; spirituality; communications styles; the role of veterans and the elderly, and health disparities, such as suicide. Digital download version: SMA08-4354.pdf . (Link to SAMHSA PDF - 1 MB)
Handouts and Powerpoint Presentations
2010 California Area IHS Medical Conference
PowerPoint Presentations Available for INDIVIDUAL Download
- Obesity - 2010MedConf-Bullock_HowAdversityGetsUndertheSkin.pdf (PDF 2.3MB)
- Chronic Care Management - 2010MedConf-Chronic_Care_Management.pdf (PDF 1.4MB)
- Chronic Kidney Disease - 2010MedConf-Bullock_ChronicKidneyDisease.pdf (PDF 3.2MB)
- Health Literacy - 2010MedConf-Schillinger-DiabetesDisparities.pdf (PDF 2MB)
- Meaningful Use - 2010MedConf-Sprenger_MeaningfulUse.pdf (PDF 492KB)
- Pain Management / OBOT Certification
- 2010MedConf-1_Intro_and_Overview_of_DATA_2000-2010.pdf (PDF 855KB)
- 2010MedConf-2_GeneralBupPharmacology.pdf (PDF 1MB)
- 2010MedConf-3_PatientAssessmentANDSelection.pdf (PDF 432KB)
- 2010MedConf-4_PainANDAddiction.pdf (PDF 1.4MB)
- 2010MedConf-5_PsychiatricComorbidities.pdf (PDF 496KB)
- 2010MedConf-6_MedicalComorbidity.pdf (PDF 713KB)
- 2010MedConf-7_SpecialTreatmentPops.pdf (PDF 490KB)
- 2010MedConf-8_ConfidentialityANDMedicalRecordKeeping.pdf (PDF 554KB)
- 2010MedConf-9_ClinicalUseOFBuprenorphine-2006.pdf (PDF 147KB)
- 2010MedConf-Dekker-SafeOpioidPrescribing.pdf (PDF 1.3MB)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Pediatrics - 2010MedConf-Calac_Pediatrics.pdf (PDF 5.2MB)
- Women's Health - 2010MedConf-Marjavi_DomesticViolence.pdf (PDF 5MB)
- Diabetes Team Meeting - 2010MedConf-Bullock_AWellnessJourney.pdf (PDF 1.2MB)
- Nurse Leaders Meeting
- Flyer - 2010_MedicalConf_Flyer.pdf (PDF 556KB)