CA Area Director's Messages
- December 1, 2015
- December - Influenza Immunization
Now is the time to remind the members of your communities, including family, friends, and co-workers to get their Influenza vaccination and to catch up on other vaccinations as well.
- November 1, 2015
- November - American Diabetes Month
One in 11 Americans have diabetes — that’s more than 29 million people. And another 86 million adults in the United States are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- October 1, 2015
- October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lives.
- September 1, 2015
- September - West Nile Virus
The West Nile Virus spreads from bird to humans by the bite of a mosquito.
- August 1, 2015
- August - Change in Childhood Immunization Laws
The new California Childhood Immunization Law (SB277) goes into effect January 1st, 2016.
- July 1, 2015
- July - Drought Impacts and Response on Indian Country
Almost half of California is at exceptional drought conditions.
- June 1, 2015
- June - Sun Protection
The sun’s rays can damage your skin in as little as 15 minutes.
- May 1, 2015
- May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
Regardless of age or fitness level getting inspired to exercise can lead to a healthier and happier life overall.
- April 1, 2015
- April - Maintaining Patient Information Privacy
Learn more about HIPAA, Patient Rights, Protected Health Information and more about privacy.
- March 1, 2015
- March - Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month.
Colorectal Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths among men and women in the United States.
- More Results: